Login or Register
:: [Home] :: [Forums] :: [Contact Us] ::  [Join the MWH Website] ::  [Your Account] ::
(Y)
Navigation
RJ-58   HOME

Recent Forum Posts
There is a problem right now with this block.

Free Towing Zone

The Wheel Horse Tractor Manual and Documentation Website - My Wheel Horse dot Com: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
tgranthamfd
Recent Member
Recent Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hi my name is Terry. I live in south central Oklahoma. I am fairly new to the Wheel Horse fever. I have owned a New Toro Wheel Horse since new in 2005, It is a classic GT with a 15hp 8 speed. That and one of our other recomended sights lead me to my first project restore, a 1960 Suburban 400, almost completed. I then ran across a package deal, A 1974 C-160 8 speed, and a 1980 C-series 8 speed ( Black Hood ). I have been picking at them just replacing what had been neglected and broken for years, they are not lookers but they are workers. The 160 came with a 42" dirt and snow blade, and the black hood came with a 50" mid mount grader blade. As for me, I work at a major dollar store automated distribution center. I am a conveyer maintenance technition, as well as, a project person around the building considering this opperation has been going in this building for 11 years, constant upgrading. I have worked there for almost 10 years, the company has a fortune 500 status and has been around since 1959 and has 8 distribution centers around the country, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, New York, Virginia, Kentucky, arksansas, Iowa, and North Carolina. Guess that's 9 isn't it ? I look forward to reading about other people, and what there interests are. Oh yeah, I also hunt and my dog breed of choise is the Grrman Shorthair Pointer.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Even though we know each other from RS, Welcome Terry!

Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I an a Wheel horse collector from Piscataway NJ. I currently own 7 tractors; two of them are complete and the other are not. I am unable to identifiy all of the model years as the serieal tags are missing on the Rj's. Any information would be greatly appreciated. \r\n\r\nMerry Christmas and Happy New Year to All.\r\nThank You,\r\n\r\nWarren Williams

RJ58
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Warren,\r\n\r\nThe RJ's were only produced two years; 1958 and 1959. The Owners Manual for both years (RJ-58 and RJ-58-59) are essentially identical so either will work for you. The page with the RJ-58 and RJ-59 models are located here: http://www.mywheelhorse.com/modules.php?name=Docs&do=show_doc&id=13\r\n\r\nMore than likely what you have are RJ-58's, unless there is a semi-circular "rack" (similar to the Lift Sector shown below) for the implement lift handle. If the holding mechanism is a short, two slot piece, then it is almost certainly a '58. \r\n\r\nOther factors apply but the RJ-59 was a short run of less than a few hundred machines so are very rare finds, even though the '58's were produced well into June-ish of 1959.\r\n\r\nHere is an article which might come in handy for your RJ restorations: http://www.brandywineits.com/modules.php?name=Docs&do=show_doc&id=7 The article contains a wealth of information. If I can be of any other assistance, please elt me know.\r\n\r\nMerry Christmas to you and yours, and may your New Year be a prosperous one.\r\n\r\n\r\n
wwwlqaw wrote:
Hello, I an a Wheel horse collector from Piscataway NJ. I currently own 7 tractors; two of them are complete and the other are not. I am unable to identifiy all of the model years as the serieal tags are missing on the Rj's. Any information would be greatly appreciated. \r\n\r\nMerry Christmas and Happy New Year to All.\r\nThank You,\r\n\r\nWarren Williams

View next topic
View previous topic