Login or Register
:: [Home] :: [Forums] :: [Contact Us] ::  [Join the MWH Website] ::  [Your Account] ::
(Y)
Navigation
RJ-58   HOME

Recent Forum Posts
There is a problem right now with this block.

Free Towing Zone

The Wheel Horse Tractor Manual and Documentation Website - My Wheel Horse dot Com: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
docrjm
Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,\r\nI'm new to the forum and have a question. I have a wheel horse C-100 and while cutting grass a hitch pin came out and the deck dropped. No damage to blades or spindle and was able to reinstall but I'm not sure which holes the trunion and other end of the bar to the deck goes, and which holes. The deck doesn't seem to line up well. The front wheels never touch the ground and the clearence when the lift arm is raised is not what it use to be. Anyone have pictures that would help? Thanks.

RJ58
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome.\r\n\r\n1. When your deck is installed correctly the Pin on the tractor's lift bar is in the long slotted hole on the mowers leveler bar and the Mower Hitch Shaft Fork is facing up and engaging the mid tach-a-matik hitch point. \r\n\r\n2. The front anti-scalp rollers are not supposed to roll on the ground, only the rear wheels are set to adjust height of cut.\r\n\r\n3. The level adjustment rod (small "L" shaped rod at the rear-center of the deck) should be adjusted so that the deck is level or up to 1/8" low in the front.\r\n\r\nThis manual is not specifically for your deck but contains all the correct information and pictures.\r\n\r\nhttp://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/Mowers/Mower-Rotary_1986_300-400-Series_810403R1.pdf

Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mike,\r\nThanks for the quick reply and manual. The problem I'm having is not so much the deck attachment, but the lift arm settings. There's a rod w/ a trunion on top and an L bend at the end. I was hoping to get some images to show exactly where these go and in which holes. I have the trunion w/pin in the back hole on top and the L bend in the rear hole on the bottom. The lift arm also has another section that runs almost perpendicular to the section the trunion is in. The place where I put the trunion has 3 holes, the other one has 2, but nothing in there. The L section I put into the section on the deck in the rear hole (2 holes here). Wow, I would be so much easier w/ a picture!

Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Post a picture with what you are working with, as I cannot envision what you've got there. Also, look at the bottom right of page 4 through 2/3 of the left column on page 5 in the manual. The trunnion called out there is adjusted to suit your tractor / mower deck combination.

docrjm
Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have the trunion in the rear hole, not sure where the bottom of that rod goes. Page 5 diagram that labels lift chain & trunion.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Time for you to post a few pics with some explanatory details. Pictures can be directly posted to the board.

View next topic
View previous topic