Login or Register
:: [Home] :: [Forums] :: [Contact Us] ::  [Join the MWH Website] ::  [Your Account] ::
(Y)
Navigation
RJ-58   HOME

Recent Forum Posts
There is a problem right now with this block.

Free Towing Zone

The Wheel Horse Tractor Manual and Documentation Website - My Wheel Horse dot Com: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
shawn844
Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I'm a new guy on here and I just starded to restore my rj. I need a picture of the clutch brake assembly. On my rj the idler pully is a v grove pulley and pushes up on the belt. On all the ones I see on the web the idler pulley is a flat type that pushes down on the belt. Which way is right?\r\nAlso on my tranny is has the #5301. Is this a rj tranny? I thought all the trannys with side plates were a 5003 or a 5010? I will try and post some pics of the tractor soon, it's in pieces now. Thanks all

RJ58
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

There are over 500 pictures in this article. If you still cannot find what you're looking for let us know.\r\n\r\n5301 is the casting number, not the trans model number. \r\n\r\nWhat numbers/letters are cast into the trans immediately to the right of the shifter hole in that casting?\r\n\r\nhttp://www.mywheelhorse.com/modules.php?name=Docs2&do=show_doc&id=2\r\n\r\nIn particular I think you're asking for this picture:\r\n\r\nImage\r\n\r\nAnd this one:\r\nImage

Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks RJ58, on my tranny the tab where the brake band bolts to is on a angle and my clutch linkage is diffrent. Sorry no other pics yet I will try and take some pics of it tonight when I put it back together. What I think I have is a 1960 with a 58 hood. I have been using your rebuild pictures to rebuild my horse. Nice work you did on it. I will try and look and see what other #'s are on the tranny tonight. Shawn

RJ58
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Take a picture of the front axle as well, a sure indicator of the 58-59 to 60 changes.

Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

I know the front axle is a straight steel axle. I was told that maybe the clutch and idler pulley might have been changed for a tiller attachment?

RJ58
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

More than likely it was changed because of a different engine being installed, but it is possible in the case of a tiller as well. The idler is in fact supposed to be flat, and pushes down on the belt to engage, under normal circumstances. \r\n\r\nRJ-58-59 Manual: http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/Tractors/Tractor_1959_RJ-58-59_Ride-AwayJr_OM&IPL.pdf\r\n\r\nWT-30 Tiller Manual: http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/Tillers/WT-30.pdf\r\n\r\nSee if what you have looks like the setup in the tiller manual.\r\n\r\nYou may want to post pictures of the transmission and see if the right side looks like this:\r\n\r\nImage

Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When I bought the tractor about 20 years ago it had what I think was the original Kohler engine in it but the case was cracked so I put in a 5hp briggs. When I get home tonight I will take pics of all the linkage and the tranny, I wont be able to post pics until tomorrow morning.

shawn844
Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Here are some pics of the tranny and linkage, frame. The # on the case is c7- 0

View next topic
View previous topic