Login or Register
:: [Home] :: [Forums] :: [Contact Us] ::  [Join the MWH Website] ::  [Your Account] ::
(Y)
Navigation
RJ-58   HOME

Recent Forum Posts
There is a problem right now with this block.

Free Towing Zone

The Wheel Horse Tractor Manual and Documentation Website - My Wheel Horse dot Com: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
KimD
Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was given a 1988 Wheel Horse 312-8. It was in pretty rough shap when I got it. We have done quit a bit of work to it so far, but I am having trouble locating a drive belt for it. In all of the documentation, it says that the belt is a 7473 but when I ordered it, it was a v belt and not a double v belt which is what I need. Does anyone know where I could order the belt. I really want to get this thing running and try it out.

RJ58
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The belt is supposed to be a V-belt, not a double V-belt. I suspect you are looking at the PTO and thinking all the grooved should be occupied.\r\n\r\nThe inner most (toward the engine) is the only groove to use and the belt is routed through the clutch pulley then on to the tranny pulley.\r\nThe correct belt numbers are:\r\n\r\n78-7100 Toro (no longer available)\r\nWheel Horse 7473 {HBx81.9"}\r\n6982 Gates 21/32"x82"\r\n5L820W Napa 21/32"x82"\r\n258-082 Stens 5/8"x82"

Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I showed your post the the guy that is helping me with the mower and he pointed out that I gave you incorrect information. This mower had a bagger attachment and only uses one belt for the drive and the mowing deck. Do you have belt information on that model. The guy that's helping me has the same mower but one year newer and he was able to use the belt information you gave me before. Thanks for your help.

whmc1950
Farm Gopher
Farm Gopher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Kimd if you are talking about the mower deck belt,double v belt for a 37inch side discharge deck, it is 111178

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RJ58
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The only 37" SD Decks made in 1987, 1988 and 1989 were the following model numbers respectively. Posting pictures of what you have certainly would help.\r\n\r\n1987\r\n05-37SC01\r\n\r\n1988\r\n35-37SL01\r\n\r\n1989\r\n05-37SC01\r\n05-37SK01\r\n\r\nNot sure where you have the number you posted but suspect it is the serial number rather than the model number. Check again and see if you have one of the above, or something similar to it.

View next topic
View previous topic